- CanRC Music Conference 2020
May 2, 2020
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly…” (Colossians 3:16) Following up on a successful conference for church musicians in Hamilton in May 2019, a Canadian Reformed Musicians Conference will be held on May 1-2, 2020, DV. All church musicians (or potential church musicians!) are encouraged to attend. The theme of the conference is “Liturgical Principles for Church Musicians” and the keynote speaker will be Dr. Arjan deVisser of the CRTS. Workshops on various aspects of church music and accompaniment are also scheduled. And, of course, there will be lots of music!
The conference location is the Langley Canadian Reformed Church, and it will run from Friday evening to Saturday evening. There is a $50 cost to attend the conference on the Saturday morning and afternoon, for which registration is required. Meals (breakfast and lunch) and refreshments will be provided. Payment can be via PayPal while registering online or by cheque at the event (make sure you get the right ticket).
Conference Schedule (May 1- May 2)
- Friday: 12:30pm: Optional pre-conference activity: Organ Crawl: Frank Ezinga will lead participants on a visit to a number of interesting instruments in the Greater Vancouver area
- Friday: doors open at 7:00pm. Public session. Keynote address by Dr. A. de Visser. An offering will be taken during the evening to cover costs.
- Saturday: 8:00am: Breakfast and registration. Speeches by Martin Jongsma and Lisa Smouter.
- Saturday: Noon: lunch (provided) with close at 4:30.
- Saturday: 7:30pm: Public musical performance. An offering will be taken during the evening to cover costs.