- RBC Retreat
September 15, 2017 - September 16, 2017
7:00 pm - 5:00 pm
DUE TO THE LOW NUMBER OF REGISTRATIONS THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED
How do you see the world? How do others see the world? Does it matter how one sees the world? If it does, what should one do when worldviews differ? And how does one do this?
The Reformed Bible College Retreat 2017 aims to provide opportunities to learn and discuss aspects of the Christian, Reformed worldview.
- Following a dinner on Friday night the plan is to watch a short movie by Francis Schaeffer to demonstrate the importance of worldview. This will then ease into a discussion led by Rev. Dr. Karlo Janssen (hopefully around a campfire)
- Saturday morning begins with a breakfast, followed by a speech on worldview in general by Mr. Kent Dykstra, principal of Credo Christian High School in Langley.
- Around lunch time there will be some free time, with – depending on interest – some activities planned (e.g. a hike).
- Saturday afternoon there is to be a presentation by Mrs. Anna Nienhuis and Mrs. Alicia Ibbitson on applying Christian worldview in politics (broader than, as previously announced, “the field of health care”). Anna and Alicia are involved with the work of ARPA (Association for Reformed Political Action) and WeNeedALaw.
- For those who appreciate the service, a simple dinner will be provided Saturday evening.
Those who register are welcome to come to the Retreat from 5:30pm onwards. Dinner will be served on Friday at 7:00pm. The plan is to have things wrapped up (except the simple dinner) by 5:00pm Saturday afternoon.
Cost: $125 per person if you register before September 5; $150 if you register September 5 or later.
Address: 10943 Brooks Road, DeRoche.