Registration Quick Links
DUE to COVID-19 restrictions the Leadership Conference planned for April 2020, the Come Back Day, and the CanRC Music Conference planned for May 2020 have been postponed/cancelled.
- Churchscapes course (March & April 2020)
- CanRC Music Conference (May 2020) – cancelled
CanRC Music Conference
“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly…” (Colossians 3:16)
Following up on a successful conference for church musicians in Hamilton in May 2019, a Canadian Reformed Musicians Conference will be held on May 1-2, 2020, DV. All church musicians (or potential church musicians!) are encouraged to attend. The theme of the conference is “Liturgical Principles for Church Musicians” and the keynote speaker will be Dr. Arjan deVisser of the CRTS. Workshops on various aspects of church music and accompaniment are also scheduled. And, of course, there will be lots of music!
The conference location is the Langley Canadian Reformed Church, and it will run from Friday evening to Saturday evening. There is a $50 cost to attend the conference on the Saturday morning and afternoon. Meals (breakfast and lunch) and refreshments will be provided. Registration for this portion is required.
For more information, contact Kent Dykstra at firstname.lastname@example.org or Frank Ezinga at email@example.com. Registration will open on February 1. To register, click here. You can choose to pay while registering online or by cheque at the event.
Conference Schedule (May 1- May 2)
- Friday: 12:30pm: Optional pre-conference activity: Organ Crawl: Frank Ezinga will lead participants on a visit to a number of interesting instruments in the Greater Vancouver area
- Friday: doors open at 7:00pm. Public session. Keynote address by Dr. A. de Visser. An offering will be taken during the evening to cover costs.
- Saturday: 8:00am: Breakfast and registration. Speeches by Martin Jongsma and Lisa Smouter.
- Saturday: Noon: lunch (provided) with close at 4:30.
- Saturday: 7:30pm: Public musical performance. An offering will be taken during the evening to cover costs.
Leadership Conferences 2020
Two leadership conferences are being organized for the Spring of 2020.
When: Friday, April 3 and Friday May 15 : 8:00pm – 9:30pm-ish
Where: Abbotsford Canadian Reformed Church
- Evening 1: Rev. R. Aasman on Office bearer in a Welcoming Church
- Evening 2: Rev. W. Slomp on Practical Counselling
Who: especially (aspiring) office bearers; but all are welcome
At both conferences there will be a book table hosted by Vanderheide Publishing.
Recordings of past leadership conferences
- 2019: On general synods by Rev. Bert Nederveen can be accessed here. Regrettably there is no recording of the evening at which br. John Siebenga spoke.
- 2018: The Dutch churches and us (by Rev. J. Moesker). Regrettably, due to circumstances beyond our control, no recording was made of this evening. A sound recording of an event at which the same presentation was held can be found here.
- 2018: Visiting (by br. Heres Snijder)
- Handout (PDF of power point slides)
- 2016: The Role and Operations of Synods (by Rev. Dr. Karlo Janssen)
- 2016: Leadership Training (by Rev. Joe Poppe)
Come Back Day 2020
Do you wonder how your classmates are doing? Would you like to talk about the challenges you have faced after high school? Are you wondering about your future, and your place and role in God’s unfolding world?
The Reformed Bible College, in cooperation with Credo Christian High School, and Cornerstone Christian School, has organized a “Come Back Day.”
We start with a pizza dinner where you can (re)connect with former classmates. After dinner there will opportunity to discuss how high school prepared you for your life now, and how the Reformed Bible College might help you.
This invitation is open to all those who graduated from Grade 12 in the last five years.
Date and Time: Tuesday, May ??, 7:00-9:00pm
Cost: free (but please register so there will be enough pizza)
Place: Credo Christian High School – Staff Room
To register, click here. Note, there’s a limit of 1 ticket per registration
Reformation Day 2019
A recording of the Reformation Day Rally 2019 on the Liberation of 1944 can be found below.
In 2019 we celebrated the 75th anniversary of the Liberation. The Liberation was an event in The Netherlands that saw a sizeable portion of the Reformed Churches in The Netherlands leave and form their own denomination. The schism was called “liberation” as those who left set themselves free from a practice of church government that inhibited freedom and from doctrinal stances that bound the conscience beyond the confessions.
This past Reformation Day Rev. Cornelis Vanspronsen was found willing to speak. He was well placed to do so, having studied as a seminary student in the Netherlands in the late 1950s and early 1960s. That means he was there, not only in the years soon after the Liberation, but also in the years that led up to the “Buitenverband Zaak”, a schism within the Reformed Churches liberated in the late 1960s, where t6oo much freedom in matters of polity and doctrine was taken by some. His speech touched on various aspects of both of these matters, and lessons that this has for us today.
Rev. Vanspronsen’s speech was complimented with singing, accompanied by members of the Credo Christian High School band.
The recording of Rev. P. Holtvluwer’s speech in november 2018 on The Importance and Relevance of the Psalms can be found here .